Fight for Sight is the UK’s leading eye research charity, dedicated to preventing, treating and curing eye conditions and diseases. By raising money for us you can help make a real difference to the lives of people with sight loss.
Fundraising at your university is a fantastic way to form new relationships, have fun, build skills and experience and get involved - all whilst raising awareness of Fight for Sight. Whether you’re raising through a RAG group, as part of a university society or on your own, we’ll be there to help you smash your fundraising targets!
Get in touchWe’d love to hear from you! Whether you want to take on an international challenge, organise a quiz night or hold a collection - we can help you. Email Beth at email@example.com.
Not sure where to start? Here are some ideas to help decide how you could raise funds to help in the fight against sight loss:
- Journey to the Centre of the Eye – Take on our free 10K virtual race where you’ll experience the world from a different perspective. Run, jog or walk this 10 kilometre event. Race anywhere, any time.
- Quiz Night (link to how to guide)- Challenge the grey matter and hold a quiz night. Charge per person or per team, and host it in your SU or a local pub.
- Feast your Eyes (link to how to guide) - This is your chance to host your own dining experience with a difference - challenge your senses by dining in the dark.
How you can help
- Organise your own event. Get creative and contact us for advice.
- Take part in a sponsored event. Choose from an international trek, skydive, UK walk and many more.
- Hold a collection to boost fundraising on campus, we can provide you with materials.
- Nominate us as your Charity of the Year.
What we can offer
- Dedicated support and advice on your student fundraising.
- Fundraising materials including t-shirts, collection cans and buckets, pin badges, pens, flags and banners, table cloths and lens cloths.
- Fight for Sight leaflets, posters and events calendars.
- Access to our speaker network of researchers, clinicians and charity beneficiaries who can speak at your events.
Facts about Sight Loss
- Every 6 minutes someone is told they're going blind.
- 78% of people say that sight is the sense that they fear losing the most.
- There are currently 2 million people living with sight loss, this will double to 4 million by 2050.
- 25,000 children in Britain are blind or partially sighted.
- 28% of the adult population are not having an eye test every 2 years.
Have a look at our resources to help you with your fundraising activities.Read more
Learn about exciting developments in eye research.Read more
Display a collection can and raise funds for us.Read more
Share this page