Fight for Sight / CSO Project Grant
Fight for Sight and the Chief Scientist Office (CSO) have partnered together to support a research project for a maximum of £200,000 into age-related eye diseases such as glaucoma, age-related macular degeneration, as well as projects focusing on the association of visual impairment with other long-term conditions, such as dementia, stroke or diabetes.
The CSO is part of the Scottish Government Health and Social Care Directorates. It supports and promotes high quality research aimed at securing lasting improvements to the health of the people of Scotland.
Applications are invited for Fight for Sight / CSO Project Grant in order to conduct research into any of the charity’s six research priority areas as detailed in the Charity’s Research Strategy 2012-2017.
The Fight for Sight / CSO Project Grant provides a grant of £200,000 for up to three years to Scotland based clinical and non-clinical research scientists to undertake research in age-related eye diseases.
Fight for Sight is a member of the Association of Medical Research Charities (AMRC) and complies with its guidelines for best practice. Fight for Sight passed the AMRC’s 2015 Peer Review Audit.
- Applicants must have a tenured post at a recognised Scottish university, NHS hospital or research institute.
- Applicants must have a contract which extends beyond the termination date of the award.
- The research should be of clinical importance to the Scottish population and broadly translational.
- Animals should only be used for the project in exceptional circumstances.
Financial support and duration
- Grant of £200,000 for up to three years.
- Includes the costs of
- salary (for the person(s) carrying out the research);
- equipment essential for the project.
- Excludes indirect costs and any other non-attributable overhead costs.
- Excludes recruitment costs.
The call for the Fight for Sight / CSO Project Grant is now closed. The closing date for abstract submissions was 5pm on Wednesday 1 November 2017. For shortlisted applicants the closing date for full submissions is 5pm on Wednesday 31 January 2018.Application must be submitted via our online system grants.fightforsight.org.uk
Late applications will not be considered.
Online application key steps What to expect online (Abstracts) Terms and Conditions
Grants Assessment Panel
The Grants Assessment Panel (GAP) members help us in assessing applications and make recommendations to the Grants Committee.
For more details about the grant making process please look at our Research Strategy 2012-2017.