Ophthalmology Trainee Research Network Awards
These awards are offered in partnership with The Royal College of Ophthalmologists. They are intended to support studies with a clear patient benefit which will become part of the NIHR Clinical Research Network (CRN) Portfolio of studies eligible for consideration for support from the CRN in England or similar support structures in Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.
The awards will be made to support clinical research studies that fall within the remit of the Fight for Sight’s Research Strategy 2012-2017.
Promoted by the NIHR Ophthalmology Specialty Group, these awards are designed specifically for trainee ophthalmologists to instigate an NHS-delivered clinical research study at one or more secondary or primary care sites.
These awards are open to trainee ophthalmologists who are:
- in training in an NHS Acute Trust that delivers eye care services;
- member of The Royal College of Ophthalmologists;
- have initiated/co-initiated the study with other trainee ophthalmologists;
- the Chief Investigator of the study.
Financial support and duration
- Awards are for up to £5,000.
- Includes the costs of
- Research design and analytical support;
- Salary costs for employment of administrators;
- Equipment and consumables; and
- Travel costs to international conference to present findings.
- Excludes salaries of trainee or consultant ophthalmologists.
- Excludes indirect costs and any other non-attributable overhead costs.
- These awards are tenable for up to 2 years.
The call for "Ophthalmology Trainee Research Network Awards" is now closed. The closing date for submissions was 5pm on Tuesday 27 March 2018.
Application must be submitted via our online system grants.fightforsight.org.uk
Late applications will not be considered.
Terms and Conditions
Share this page