By Danilo Cortellino, MasterChef: The Professionals finalist 2015
- 180g butter
- 350g sugar
- 200g eggs
- 4g salt
- 4g nutmeg
- 5g baking powder for dessert
- 500g flour
- 250g almonds
- Whip the butter with sugar until smooth and pale. Combine with salt, nutmeg and the baking powder. Beaten the eggs and add a spoonful per time to the mixture. Combine the flour and add the almonds.
- The mixture should be really soft. With a pastry bag form into long cylinders. Arrange on a baking tray covered with baking paper and bake to 180˚C for 20 minutes.
- Remove the biscotti from the oven and, when they are cool enough to handle, slice into 1cm/½ in rounds.
- Pop into the oven the biscuits and toast them to 160˚C for 5 minutes until golden and crumbly.
- Once cold you can keep and store them for more than a week in an airtight container.