Honey cake with yoghurt & granola
By Steven Edwards, winner of MasterChef: The Professionals 2013
For the honey cake
- 280g icing sugar
- 100g ground almonds
- 100g plain flour
- 8 egg whites
- 140g browned butter
- 25g honey
- 15g baking powder
- 150g honey (for drizzle)
- Mix all ingredients together using a whisk.
- Add the mix to a greased cake tin.
- Cook in a pre heated oven (170c) for 25-30 minutes.
- Turn out on to a wire cooling rack.
- Spike all over with a small paring knife.
- Drizzle with lashings of honey and leave to soak in for 5 minutes.
For the granola
- 10g vegetable oil
- 50g maple syrup
- 15g Honey
- 120g rolled oats
- 20g sunflower seeds
- 10g sesame seeds
- 20g pumpkin seeds
- 40g flaked almonds
- 80g pecans (crushed)
- In a bowl, mix all ingredients thoroughly with hands.
- Lay a thin layer of the mix out on a baking tray.
- Cook in a pre heated oven (150c) for 20-30 minutes.
- Stir and check every 10 minutes.
Slice a good portion of cake. Place some granola over the top. Serve with fresh thick natural yoghurt and honey.
Share this page