A great way to fundraise for Fight for Sight as a family or group.
In setting up a Family Fund, you can choose to restrict the funds you raise to a particular condition which is most relevant to you. A great way to fundraise for Fight for Sight and a specific condition close to your heart as a family or group. We work with independent experts who peer review research to ensure we fund the very best research with the greatest potential for impact. It offers you the opportunity to make sure your fundraising has a direct impact on the area most important to you. We'll be on hand to support you along the way.
What we can offer you
- The knowledge that, through our expert peer review, your funds will be directed to the very best research with the greatest potential for impact.
- We will help promote your story on our website. You will have your own webpage to share your story and raise your profile.
- You can choose the name of your fund. You could name it after your family member or your local area.
- You will have support from a dedicated contact in the fundraising team. They will support your fundraising activities and update you on the impact you are making.
- We will provide you with a range of fundraising materials, including balloons, sponsor forms and collecting tins.
- We will send you updates about our work and fundraising events.
- We will support you in raising awareness of the fund and your fundraising through our media officer who can liaise on local press stories and social media.
- We will organise a supporters’ meet up once a year to give you the chance to meet and chat to other family funds and supporter groups to share ideas and opportunities.
What we ask of you
- You encourage the support of your own contacts and networks – friends, family, work colleagues and the local community.
- You are willing to raise awareness of your fund and Fight for Sight in your community by appearing in both local and national press and on our social media.
- You want to fundraise. Family funds are led by driven and passionate fundraisers, because they have a real desire to progress research quickly.
- We want to support where we can so ask for regular communication about plans and activities. We will schedule in a quarterly catch up at a mutually convenient time, either in person or on the phone.
- We’re grateful for all your efforts in fundraising. We want to help you keep your fundraising safe and legal so ask you to first read our fundraising agreement and confirm your commitment to it.
Please contact Beth on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 7264 3919.