Will you give the gift of sight and change someone’s life this Christmas?
Your gift could be the best Christmas present macular degeneration patients ever receive.
With your support, we can continue to fund groundbreaking research and find a new treatment for age-related macular degeneration in the next decade:
- £20 could help fund essential chemicals needed for daily laboratory experiments
- £50 could fund essential lab items such as culture dishes used in vital research
- £100 could help pay for culture media - the break and butter of day-to-day experiments needed to discover new treatments
Your support this Christmas will take us a step closer to our goal of discovering a new treatment for age-related macular degeneration by 2030
Age-related macular degeneration is the leading cause of blindness. It takes away sight, steals independence, shuts down opportunities - and can tear a hole in the heart of Christmas.
- One in three people over the age of 50 may have early signs of age-related macular degeneration
- By 2050, this is set to double - affecting over one million people in the UK alone.
- In 90% of cases, there is currently no treatment available.
We are fighting back.
Fight for Sight don't believe that sight loss should be an inevitable part of getting older. Right now, our groundbreaking research is on the cusp of discovering new treatments for age-related macular degeneration. For example, we are currently investigating ways the body's own natural repair mechanisms could help repair damage from the disease and preserve their sight.
We know that research has the answers. The only barrier is the funding to make it happen.
Please give the gift of sight this Christmas. With your support, we can find a new treatment within the next decade and transform lives.Donate today
Share this page