Fight for Sight's funds are allocated to research teams attached to UK academic or medical institutions. The research may be undertaken in the UK or overseas.
We offer a range of funding opportunities. Find out about them, and how to make an application, below.
Applications must be submitted via our online system grants.fightforsight.org.uk.
Please follow the links below to find the grants that best suit your needs:
John Lee Primer Fellowship
- The call for “Primer Fellowship Awards” is now closed. The deadline for applications was 5 pm Thursday 7 November 2019.
- John Lee Primer Fellowship, is open for members of the Royal College of Ophthalmologists only.
- Up to £60,000 tenable for one year
- The call for "Small Grant Awards" is now open. The next defined submission deadline is 5 pm on Tuesday 31 December 2019.
- Limited to research studies in the field of ophthalmology and vision science. The awards are tenable for one year.
- Up to £15,000.
MRC/Fight for Sight Clinical Research Training Fellowship
- Open to clinically qualified professionals, active in the field of ophthalmology requiring registration for a research degree, normally a PhD.
- Three years funding.
- This funding competition is held three times a year. Please visit the MRC website for further details.
- The round for the “PhD Studentships” is now closed. The next round will open in early January 2020.
- Open to PhD supervisors for three year PhD Studentships to start in October 2019.
- Up to £100,000.
- The call for the “Project Grants” is now closed. The deadline for applications was 11 July 2019.
- Open to clinical and non-clinical research scientists wishing to undertake research in all fields of ophthalmic and vision research relevant to Fight for Sight's charitable aims.
- Up to £250,000 for up to three years
Share this page