Fight for Sight's funds are allocated to research teams attached to UK academic or medical institutions. The research may be undertaken in the UK or overseas.
We offer a range of funding opportunities. Find out about them, and how to make an application, below.
Applications must be submitted via our online system grants.fightforsight.org.uk.
Please follow the links below to find the grants that best suit your needs:
- Open to clinical and non-clinical research scientists wishing to undertake research in all fields of ophthalmic and vision research relevant to Fight for Sight's charitable aims.
- Up to £250,000 for up to three years
- The call for the “Project Grants” is now closed. The deadline for applications was 11 July 2019
- Limited to research studies in the field of ophthalmology and vision science. The awards are tenable for one year.
- Up to £15,000.
- The call for "Small Grant Awards" is now open. The first defined submission deadline is 5 pm on Thursday 22 August 2019.
John Lee Primer Fellowship
- John Lee Primer Fellowship, is open for members of the Royal College of Ophthalmologists only.
- Up to £60,000 tenable for one year
- The call for “Primer Fellowship Awards” opens 20 August 2019. The deadline for applications is 5 pm Thursday 7 November 2019.
MRC/Fight for Sight Clinical Research Training Fellowship
- Open to clinically qualified professionals, active in the field of ophthalmology requiring registration for a research degree, normally a PhD.
- Three years funding.
- This funding competition is held three times a year. Please visit the MRC website for further details.
- Open to PhD supervisors for three year PhD Studentships to start in October 2019.
- Up to £100,000.
- The call for the “PhD Studentships” is now closed. The next call will open in early January 2020.
Share this page