Fight for Sight's funds are allocated to research teams attached to UK academic or medical institutions. The research may be undertaken in the UK or overseas.
We offer a range of funding opportunities. Find out about them, and how to make an application, below.
Applications must be submitted via our online system grants.fightforsight.org.uk.
Please follow the links below to find the grants that best suit your needs:
- Open to clinical and non-clinical research scientists wishing to undertake research in all fields of ophthalmic and vision research relevant to Fight for Sight's charitable aims.
- Up to £170,000 for three years, or pro rata for projects of a shorter duration.
- The call for the “Project Grants” is now closed. The deadline for applications was 5 pm Wednesday 31 October 2018.
Primer Fellowship Awards
- The Fight for Sight / John Lee, Royal College of Ophthalmologists Primer Fellowship Award, is open for members of the college only. The Fight for Sight Primer Fellowship Award is open to all applications from clinical and allied health professionals. Both awards are tenable for one year.
- Up to £60,000
- The call for “Primer Fellowship Awards” is now closed. The deadline for applications was 5 pm Monday 5 November 2018.
Fulbright Fight for Sight Research Award
- Open to UK citizens to conduct research for 1 year in the field of ophthalmology at any accredited US institution.
- £75,000 for 1 year.
- This call is now closed. The deadline was 6 November 2018.
Small Grant Awards Scheme
- Limited to clinical research studies in the field of ophthalmology and vision science. The awards are tenable for one year.
- Up to £15,000.
- The call for "Small Grant Awards" is now closed. The deadline for applications was 5 pm on Tuesday 31 July 2018.
MRC/Fight for Sight Clinical Research Training Fellowship
- Open to clinically qualified professionals, active in the field of ophthalmology requiring registration for a research degree, normally a PhD.
- Three years funding.
- This funding competition is held twice a year. The next call opens Friday 27 July 2018. Application deadline is Thursday 6 September 2018.
- Open to PhD supervisors for three year PhD Studentships to start in October 2019.
- Up to £100,000.
- The call for the “PhD Studentships” is now closed. The deadline for applications was 5pm on 22 August 2018
Ophthalmology Trainee Research Network Awards
- Open to trainee ophthalmologists for clinical research in the field of ophthalmology and vision science. The awards are tenable for two years.
- Up to £5,000.
- The call for Ophthalmology Trainee Research Network Awards is now closed. The next call will be announce shortly.
Fight for Sight Award
- Open to ophthalmologists and scientists working in the field of ophthalmology throughout the UK.
- Up to £5,000.
- The call for Fight for Sight Awards is closed. The closing date was February 28 2019.
Share this page