Each year, we provide a range of funding opportunities for research teams based in the UK who are attached to recognised academic or medical institutions. You can read summaries of our research projects below.
- Acanthamoeba keratitis
- Age-related macular degeneration (AMD)
- Amblyopia (lazy eye)
- Bardet Biedl Syndrome
- Behçet’s disease
- Best disease
- Birdshot chorioretinopathy
- Cerebral visual impairment
- Charles Bonnet Syndrome
- Conjunctival disease
- Corneal disease
- Diabetic retinopathy
- Duane syndrome
- Eyelid cancer
- Fuchs’ corneal dystrophy
- Leber’s congenital amaurosis
- Leber’s hereditary optic neuropathy
- Macular hole
- Meesmann corneal dystrophy
- Ocular coloboma
- Ocular mucous membrane pemphigoid
- Proliferative vitreoretinopathy
- Refractive error
- Retinal detachment
- Retinopathy of prematurity
- Retinitis pigmentosa
- Stargardt disease
- Thyroid eye disease
- Uveal melanoma (eye cancer)
- Wolfram syndrome
By research category
- Clinical Fellowship
- Dr Hans and Mrs Gertrude Hirsch Award
- Early Career Investigator Award
- Fight for Sight / Alzheimer's Research UK Small Grant Award
- Fight for Sight / Birdshot Uveitis Society Small Grant Award
- Fight for Sight / British Thyroid Foundation and Thyroid Eye Disease Charitable Trust Small Grant Award
- Fight for Sight / British Thyroid Foundation Small Grant Award
- Fight for Sight / Childhood Eye Cancer Trust Small Grant Award
- Fight for Sight / Fulbright Research Award
- Fight for Sight/ John Lee, Royal College of Ophthalmologists Primer Fellowship Awards
- Fight for Sight / International Glaucoma Association Small Grant Award
- Fight for Sight / Macular Disease Society Small Grant Award
- Fight for Sight / National Eye Research Centre Small Grant Award
- Fight for Sight / Nystagmus Network Small Grant Award
- Fight for Sight / Olivia's Vision Uveitis Small Grant Award
- Fight for Sight / PMRGCA UK Small Grant Award
- Fight for Sight / RP Fighting Blindness Small Grant Award
- Fight for Sight / Uveitis Information Group (Scotland) Small Grant Award
- Fight for Sight Partnership Fund
- Fight for Sight / The Royal Society of Medicine Primer Fellowship Award
- Fight for Sight Small Grant Award
- Fight for Sight / Sparks Small Grant Award
- Fight for Sight / Thomas Pocklington Trust Small Grant Award
- Fight for Sight/ Thyroid Eye Disease Charitable Trust Small Grant Award
- Frankenburg PhD Studentship
- MRC/Fight for Sight Clinical Research Training Fellowship
- New Lecturers' Small Grant Award
- PhD Studentship
- Programme Grant
- Project Grant
- The Frankenburg PhD Studentship
- Thyroid Eye Disease Charitable Trust Small Grant Award
A patient-friendly way to measure flare-ups of birdshot uveitis
Developing non-invasive scanning to improve treatment options
What environmental changes to DNA are involved in AMD?
Testing and re-testing to make sure we do sound science.
A single-shot 3D camera for better eye exams
Using 21st century technology to detect and monitor the causes of sight loss.
Is there a link between glaucoma and interrupted breathing during sleep?
Helping to find out why treatment doesn’t work in some people with high eye pressure.
Too much of one thing or too little of another: what’s behind your intermediate uveitis?
A genetic test that could mean personalised treatment.
Do stem cells in the cornea have their own genetic ‘fingerprint’?
Improving the stem cell transplant process
What makes so many corneal donor stem cell transplants fail?
Aiming to restore sight for people with limbal stem cell deficiency in both eyes
Predicting choroideremia’s progress
Helping families plan for the future
Preparing a donor cornea for transplant: by machine or by hand?
A clinical trial to improve a common surgical procedure
Who will get their sight back after macular hole surgery?
Using detailed imaging to predict treatment outcomes
Guest Blog: Dr Darren S J Ting discusses important eye care during Covid-19 pandemic
Fight for Sight announces strategy to continue the eye research pipeline throughout Covid-19 crisis …
Information and advice for people with eye conditions surrounding Covid-19