An overview of current funding opportunities, key dates and relevant updates for researchers
Due to the current uncertainty caused by COVID-19, we understand that the work that you are currently undertaking with our grants may be disrupted.
To make this time easier for you, we can grant a no-cost extension to facilitate your research. In order for us to facilitate this, please download, fill in and return the form below to the Research, Policy and Innovation team at Grants@fightforsight.org.uk
Funding opportunities and key dates
Fight for Sight's funds are allocated to research teams attached to UK academic or medical institutions. The research may be undertaken in the UK or overseas.
We offer a range of funding opportunities. Find out about them, and how to make an application, below.
Applications must be submitted via our online system grants.fightforsight.org.uk.
If you have any queries, please do not hesitate to get in touch with the team at Grants@fightforsight.org.uk.
Please follow the links below to find the grants that best suit your needs:
Project Grant Awards
- The call for the “Project Grants” is now closed. The deadline for abstract applications was 1 July 2021 at 5pm.
- Open to clinical and non-clinical research scientists wishing to undertake research in all fields of ophthalmic and vision research relevant to Fight for Sight's charitable aims.
- Up to £250,000 for up to three years
- The round for the “PhD Studentships” is now closed. The deadline for abstract applications was 1 July 2021 at 5pm.
- Up to £100,000 for projects addressing research in all fields of ophthalmic and vision research relevant to Fight for Sight's charitable aims.
- Applications must be made by the potential PhD supervisor(s) for studentships to start in 2022
Small Grants Awards
- The call for "Small Grant Awards" is now closed. The deadline was 5 August 2021 at 5pm.
- These awards support small feasibility and pilot studies for the generation of preliminary data
- Up to £15,000, the awards are tenable for one year.
Share this page