TCS London Marathon 2024
- Date: 21 April 24
- Location: London
Join us for the TCS London Marathon and be part of the first ever Fight for Sight and Vision Foundation team!
- When: 21 April 24
- Where: London
The world-famous TCS London Marathon takes in iconic sites across the UK’s capital.
Runners will cross Tower Bridge and run alongside the Embankment before heading to the final stretch in front of Buckingham Palace and finishing to applauding crowds along The Mall.
Why support Fight for Sight and Vision Foundation?
Every six minutes someone in the UK is told they are losing their sight – that’s life-changing news that is dealt out 240 times each day.
- Sight loss in the UK is on the rise at a time of spiralling living costs, when health and social care services are struggling with demand.
- The amount of public money currently spent on the problem is nowhere near adequate –only 1.5% of UK medical research is invested into finding new ways to prevent, diagnose or treat sight loss. This equates to just £9.60 for each person whose life has been turned on its head by sight loss.
- If you’re a blind adult of working age in the UK, there is only a 1 in 4 chance that you’re working, and so visually impaired people can face the financial, social and mental impact of unemployment alongside their disability
Fancy running as part of our team of incredible runners? There's no time to waste. Register your interest now to be considered for a charity place.
If you were successful in the public ballot and would like to fundraise for Fight for Sight and Vision Foundation, we would love to hear from you! Email email@example.com to let us know and be included in our incredible team.
You can set up a JustGiving page and begin raising sponsorship now!
Our 2024 team is now full! Read about our runners here!
Fancy running as part of our team of incredible runners in 2025? There's no time to waste. Register your interest now to be considered for a charity place.
To secure a place, you must commit to raising a minimum of £2,000 in sponsorship plus pay a £75 registration fee to secure your spot.
If that sounds doable and you would love to run, please complete our register of interest form. Remember, this is essentially your application for a place, so please provide details.
Registration fee: £75
Sponsorship target: £2,000
If you are interested in running for Fight for Sight and Vision Foundation in 2025 using one of our charity places, please register your interest using the link below. We want to hear all about why you want to take part and your connection to our cause.Register your interest
“Running the London Marathon was such a special experience, made even more so to be representing Fight For Sight. The support from the team and everyone on the streets of the capital was incredible and it was a privilege to know I was running to help people like me who live with sight loss.”
-Mark Cohen, who ran for #TeamFightForSight in 2022
Not quite ready for a marathon? Sign up for a 5k, 10k or half marathon in your area and contact our team now to begin your fundraising journey or take a look at some of our other events! Email firstname.lastname@example.org
We'll be with you every step of the way. You'll receive the following:
- Dedicated, personal support from the Events team, including top fundraising and training tips
- Your personalised Fight for Sight running vest
- Plenty of fundraising resources to help you smash your fundraising target
Please contact email@example.com if you would like more information.
With every mile, you will be helping us raise valuable awareness and funds to help end sight loss.